Beginning-of-Semester Reminders

Academic Calendars

return to top

Confirming Your Schedule

Your teaching schedule and room assignment(s) can be found in the Student Administration System (i.e., PeopleSoft) under the Faculty Center [View Tutorial]. Rooms assignments are listed by building code, which can be found on the Campus Map.

return to top

Student Accessibility

Please refer to Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) for a comprehensive set of resources for faculty and staff. Of particular note are the following practices, which assure students timely access to all course materials:

  • Provide the Co-op with a list of all course textbooks and course readers a minimum of seven weeks in advance of the term start date.
  • Provide clear digital reproductions of original texts.
  • Provide electronic course materials in digital text readable formats rather than an image-based format.
  • Provide supplemental course materials well in advance of assignment due dates.

return to top

Permission Numbers

Permission numbers can be found in the Student Administration System (i.e., PeopleSoft) under the Faculty Center [View Tutorial]. Unfortunately, the use of permission numbers carries the potential for abuse. Thus, we recommend using a Permission Number Agreement.

return to top

Independent Study Registration

Students can enroll in research courses with either a permission number or the research formDo not use both.

  • When using a permission number, be sure to tell the student the section/class number (found in your Faculty Center) and number of credits. Permission numbers can be used until Add/Drop closes on the 3rd Monday of the semester.
  • After Add/Drop closes, enrollment must be completed with the form. All forms are due the 4th Friday of the semester.
  • Students or instructors wanting a project subtitle should (1) request a permanent title from the Undergraduate Program Office and issue a permission number, or (2) only use the form (more common for PSYC 3889 and PSYC 4197W).

Do not issue a permission number for PSYC 3880 (Field Experience); students should only use the Field Experience Packet.

The full policy can be found on the Research Course Policies page.

return to top

Final Plans of Study

Plans of study are due by the 4th week of the semester to participate in commencement, but will be accepted through finals week. Electronic submissions are preferable, but paper submissions will be accepted.

Electronic Processing

Beginning with December 2014 candidates, CLAS plans of study may be submitted electronically via Student Admin. Faculty advisors should approve plans of study for their advisees.


Please direct questions about this process to the Undergraduate Program Assistant, CLAS Academic Services Center, or degree audit in the registrar’s office.

Paper Processing

Beginning Fall 2014, psychology major plans of study only have one signature for Departmental Approval. Faculty advisors should sign off for their advisees. Alternatively, Jim Green, James Chrobak, or the Academic Advisor can sign off on plans of study.

The major plans of study are available as form-fillable Word documents. Students may forward a completed copy of the their plan to faculty who can simply email the form to the Undergraduate Program Office. Email from a faculty member’s UConn email address will be considered a valid signature.

return to top

Honors Conversions

Honors student must take a minimum number of courses with an honors credit grading basis, and most honors psychological sciences majors will seek to use honors conversions on non-honors classes. The student (or a small group of students) will ask you as an instructor about this option within the first 3 weeks of the semester.

Please refer to the Honors Program for more information about teaching honors students and other ways to engage with the honors program.

return to top

Faculty Advising

Beginning Spring 2014, (1) faculty advisor assignments are not required of all students, and (2) students assigned a faculty advisor will receive the assignment in addition to the psychology academic advisors. Thus, students should be seeing their academic advisor in regards to graduation requirements and their faculty advisor for post-graduation planning. This structure is further detailed on the Advising page.


return to top