The Spring 2018 Permission number request form (Priority deadline is Oct 1, 2017).
Due to the high demand of permission number requests for the PSYC Area IV Lab courses at Storrs, we are implementing a request form.
This form is ONLY applicable for enrollment for SPRING 2018 semester in:
- PSYC 3251 Physio Psych section #1 Dr.H. Fitch, Monday 2:30-5:30pm
- PSYC 3251 Physio Psych section #2, Dr. J. Salamone, Wednesday 12:20-3:20pm
- PSYC 3252 Drugs & Behavior Lab, Dr. J. Salamone, Tu-Th 2:00-3:15pm
- PSYC 3253 Sensory Neuroscience Lab, Dr. H. Read, Monday 2:30-5:30pm
- PSYC 3500W Laboratory in Cognition, Dr. W. Tabor MonWed 10:10-11:40am
Policies and Procedures
- Requests submitted prior to October 1, 2017 will receive priority. Those submitted between Oct 1st and Oct 18 will be considered next. Note that these courses are in high demand so you are urged to submit your request prior to October 1.
- In order to most fairly assess students, the information you provide must be reflected on your transcript. If you are planning on declaring one of the plans that requires a PSYC Area IV Lab course (i.e., psychological sciences major, cognitive science major, neuroscience minor) or changing your psychological sciences track, please keep in mind that it can take up to a week for the change to be processed and reflected on your transcript.
- All students that submit an on-time request will be notified of their status (accepted, wait-listed, denied) roughly one week prior to registration (tentatively October 18th, 2017). We hope to do this by the start of registration so students can plan their schedules accordingly; but this is a new process for our office, and we may experience unexpected delays. Students submitting late requests will be notified on a rolling basis.
- Permission numbers will be issued to accepted students at the beginning of registration and students on the wait-list as room becomes available.
- If you no longer want to enroll, please let the issuer know so they can give your seat to another student.
- You will have 48 hours to use the permission number. If issued before your enrollment appointment, the permission number will expire 48 hours after your enrollment appointment begins. If issued after your enrollment appointment begins, the permission number will expire 48 hours after sent. If you do not use the number, your seat will be given to another student. Exceptions cannot be made for failure to resolve holds or putting the wrong enrollment appointment date on the form. (Of course, in the rare instance that the permission number does not work due to a purely technical error, we will work to resolve the issue.)
- It is your responsibility to submit the form and use the permission number on time. We are not responsible if failure to do so results in delayed graduation.
Answers to FAQs
- Just as we advise students to add back-up courses to their shopping cart, you are welcome to request multiple permission numbers for two or more lab courses on the form because given the high DEMAND for many courses and the limited size of each of the lab courses, you may NOT get into one or more of your requests.
- If you submit more than one form, we will only look at the most recently submitted form. Unfortunately, it is not possible for you to update an already submitted form. If you need to make a change, you are welcome to submit a new form.