Due to the high demand of permission number requests for the PSYC Area IV Lab courses at Storrs, effective for Fall 2017 registration, we are implementing a request form. This form will allow us to get a better sense of how many students would like to enroll, and prioritize enrollment based on need, likelihood of success, and order requested.
Policies and Procedures
- Forms must be submitted by Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 11:59pm for consideration for Fall 2017. Forms submitted on Monday, March 13 and later will be considered on a space available basis. However, we expect a high volume of requests, and do not anticipate space being available.
- In order to most fairly assess students, the information you provide must be reflected on your transcript. If you are planning on declaring one of the plans that requires a PSYC Area IV Lab course (i.e., psychological sciences major, cognitive science major, neuroscience minor) or changing your psychological sciences track, please keep in mind that it can take up to a week for the change to be processed and reflected on your transcript.
- All students that submit an on-time request will be notified of their status (accepted, wait-listed, denied) at the beginning of registration. We hope to do this by Monday, March 20 so students can plan their schedules accordingly; but this is a new process for our office, and we may experience unexpected delays. Students submitting late requests will be notified on a rolling basis.
- Permission numbers will be issued to accepted students at the beginning of registration and students on the wait-list as room becomes available.
- If you no longer want to enroll, please let the issuer know so they can give your seat to another student.
- You will have 48 hours to use the permission number. If issued before your enrollment appointment, the permission number will expire 48 hours after your enrollment appointment begins. If issued after your enrollment appointment begins, the permission number will expire 48 hours after sent. If you do not use the number, your seat will be given to another student. Exceptions cannot be made for failure to resolve holds or putting the wrong enrollment appointment date on the form. (Of course, in the rare instance that the permission number does not work due to a purely technical error, we will work to resolve the issue.)
- It is your responsibility to submit the form and use the permission number on time. We are not responsible if failure to do so results in delayed graduation.
Answers to FAQs
- Just as we advise students to add back-up courses to their shopping cart, you are welcome to select a back-up lab course on the form. If you end up with an extra permission number, just let us know, and we’ll give it to someone else.
- If you submit more than one form, we will only look at the most recently submitted form. Unfortunately, it is not possible for you to update an already submitted form. If you need to make a change, you are welcome to submit a new form.