Academic advisor for Storrs psychological sciences major (BS degree) and psychological sciences minor
Schedule a 30 minute appointment on SANDBOX. If you cannot keep your appointment, please cancel it so another student can take that spot.
In order to make the best use of time, I have the following expectations:
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment (without letting me know), your time may be given to someone else.
- If you cancel your appointment the same day or do not show up to your appointment, you will be given a “no-show.” After three “no-shows,” you will only be able to meet with our office during walk-in hours.
In return, I try my best to be on time. In the rare event that I need to cancel our appointment (I get sick too!), I will give you as much notice and reschedule your appointment as soon as possible.
Walk-in hours are for quick questions (less than 5-10 minutes); students needing additional time should schedule an appointment. As students are met with on a first-come, first-served basis, students may wait 15 minutes to 1 hour depending on advisor availability. Students can expect longer wait times during peak registration times (typically late October and late March). Please note that hours are subject to change without notice based on office needs. The most up-to-date information will be posted on my office door.
Spring 2017 (1/31/17 and later)
|Monday||2:00pm-3:00pm||No walk-ins on 3/13/17 (spring break).|
|Tuesday||1:00pm-2:00pm||No walk-ins on 3/14/17 (spring break).|
|Wednesday||1:00pm-2:00pm||No walk-ins on 3/8/17 (conference) and 3/15/17 (spring break).|
|Thursday||9:30am-10:30am||No walk-ins on 3/9/17 (conference) and 3/16/17 (spring break).|
|Friday||9:30am-10:30am||No walk-ins on 3/10/17 (conference) and 3/17/17 (spring break).|
Can’t make Kelsey’s walk-in hours? View walk-in hours for everyone in the Undergraduate Program Office.
Either academic advisor in the Undergraduate Program Office may sign paperwork requiring your psychological sciences advisor’s or department head’s signature. Paperwork can be submitted at any time in person (box outside windows) or via email to email@example.com. You will receive an email with an attached, signed copy when your paperwork is processed, which is usually within one week. (If you need to self-submit your signed paperwork to another office, you will be emailed when it is signed and ready to be picked up.) If you would like to submit your paperwork directly to an advisor, please arrange to visit during walk-in hours.
- Academic advising for psychological sciences students pursuing the BS degree at Storrs
- Undergraduate psychological sciences paperwork (e.g., research forms, field experience forms, plans of study, etc.)
- Plan and subplan changes
- Faculty advisor assignments
- Course scheduling and Bousfield room reservations
- Website updates and announcements
- Undergraduate Psychological Sciences Digest (i.e., the weekly email to psychological sciences department undergrads)
Note: We do not include participant recruitment postings in the digest or website announcements, but recruiters may self-post an IRB-approved flyer on the designated bulletin board outside BOUS 108.
Kelsey earned her BS in Liberal Arts and Sciences, Psychology with a minor in Architectural Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012. She has worked at the University of Connecticut since 2013 and is currently pursuing her MA in Adult Learning, also at UConn.
Kelsey is originally from the Chicagoland area. When Kelsey is not working or doing schoolwork, she enjoys crafting and DIY projects. Kelsey also loves hiking and other outdoor activities.
|Office Location||BOUS 108|