The Department of Psychological Sciences is pleased to announce the David A. Kenny, Sr. Scholarship in Psychology. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial aid to rising juniors and seniors majoring in Psychological Sciences. Board of Trustees Professor Emeritus David Kenny founded this scholarship in honor of his father (pictured), who was never able to attend college.
The Scholarship Committee of the Department of Psychological Sciences will determine the amount and number of scholarships based on the amount of funds available. It is anticipated that multiple one-time scholarships will be awarded from the Fund.
Fall 2017 Award
- Be a full-time, UConn undergraduate student majoring in psychological sciences.
- Be a junior or senior in Fall 2017 (based on expected graduation date).
- Have completed or will complete at least 9 credits of upper level (2000-level or above) PSYC coursework by the end of Spring 2017.
- Have demonstrated financial need.
- Have high academic performance, including a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA.
Priority consideration will be given to students who meet one or more of the following:
- Have overcome obstacles such as socioeconomic or educational disadvantage.
- Are members of groups underrepresented at the University of Connecticut.
- Have experience living or working in diverse environments.
Applications due Monday, March 6, 2017 for Fall 2017 awards.
The Fall 2017 application is now closed.